Helen Keller International Recruitment For Fortification Program CoordinatorDecember 24, 2018
Helen Keller International Recruitment For Fortification Program Coordinator
Helen Keller International Recruitment…Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to avoid wasting the sight and lives of the foremost vulnerable and deprived. we tend to combat the causes and consequences of vision defect and deficiency disease by establishing programs supported proof and analysis in vision, health, and nutrition. Headquartered in new york city, HKI presently conducts programs in twenty-two countries in the continent of Africa and Asia in addition as within the U.S.
Title of The Job: Food Fortification Program Coordinator
Job Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
1. HKI is seeking an experienced Food Fortification Program organizer to steer a food fortification initiative in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. HKI’s food fortification program, which can be enforced in Nigeria and 2 different countries in West Africa, can aim to strengthen coordination and build accord among national and regional actors in support of the event of technical specifications and standards for broth.
3. The project will produce awareness, stimulate dialogue and build consensus among stakeholders on the importance of considering broth as a possible vehicle for substance fortification within the region.
4. This position is primarily based at the HKI workplace in Lagos, Nigeria, to guide the program activities in Nigeria.
1. He/she can collaborate with relevant stakeholders concerned in standards development and selling of bouillon in addition as those engaged in food fortification in Nigeria, together with government ministries, the National Food
2. Fortification Alliance, personal sector industries, and skilled and shopper associations, on the implementation of the program’s work-plan.
3. He/she will offer technical inputs to relevant national standards on bouillon and broth fortification, whereas conjointly partaking in support efforts, together with representing HKI at numerous national conferences and events, to make awareness and guarantee visibility for the program.
4. The Food Fortification Program organizer is accountable for coordinating the implementation of all program activities in Nigeria.
He/she can have interaction in joint coming up with of the intervention’s activities with her/his supervisor and directly manage the implementation and observation these activities in Nigeria to confirm delivery of high-quality outputs and timely reportage in line with donor needs.
1. The Food Fortification Program arranger are going to be supervised by HKI Country Director in Federal Republic of Nigeria with technical direction from HKI’s Regional Food Fortification Program Manager, based mostly in Dakar, Senegal.
2. He/she can work closely with HKI’s country and regional office, whereas liaising with partner agencies, significantly in Federal Republic of Nigeria, to implement project activities.
As part of the responsibility of the Food Fortification Program Coordinator, He/She will do the following:
1. Ensure sustained info sharing and data management on the project, as well as documenting and sharing lessons learned on implementation and facilitating technology transfer to bouillon makers in operation within the country.
2. Write and manufacture timely reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) on the progress of the project, and in line with donor necessities.
3. Lead in development and implementation of the country work set up for the project, with steerage and inputs from HKI’s Regional Program Manager for Food Fortification and Country Director of Nigeria.
4. Actively have interaction with and maintain relationships with the relevant government ministries and departments, the National Food Fortification Alliance (NFA), the personal sector bouillon makers and traders, civil society, and shopper and skilled associations, for the project.
5. Facilitate regular face-to-face and virtual conferences of a country social unit (CWG) of Stakeholders (composed of a sub-committee of the NFA and different national actors) to produce steerage and support to the intervention’s activities within the country.
6. Work with the CWG to spot and fill information and proof gaps in support of micronutrient fortification of bouillon.
7. Oversee and supply technical inputs to national assessments in support of intervention activities, as well as formative studies on neutral and shopper perceptions relating to broth and broth fortification, and facilitate the employment of findings from these studies to develop targeted communications messages and materials to varied stakeholders.
8. Plan and facilitate support and awareness creation on the project to officers in government, the non-public sector, academia, analysis institutes, civil society, skilled associations, and shopper associations within the country to realize their approval and facilitate their support to the implementation of the intervention’s activities.
9. Lead national support to the government to facilitate the event and adoption of national standards for bouillon and fortified broth.
1. Demonstrated effectiveness in project designing and organization, similarly as personal time management.
2. Ability to browse, analyze and interpret advanced documents, together with policy analysis
3. Relevant expertise in advocacy with officialdom
4. Excellent written, oral and communication skills.
5. Fluency in English and French, each oral and written.
6. At least a Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Technology, Food Science, Public Health, or International Development and a minimum of five years’ expertise implementing food and nutrition programming. previous expertise in implementing food fortification programs are going to be a plus.
7. Strong social skills and incontestable the capability to develop and maintain productive relationships with the government, non-public sector, and civil society.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letters and Resume as a single Word document to: email@example.com pointing out the job title in the subject line.
- Applications will keep coming until the position is occupied. Offer will be made upon confirmation of funding by the Donor.
- No call is permitted
For more clarification, see their website HERE
If you find this post informative, please share!