Firmer breasts exercises: 3 Simple Workout to achieve this Firmer breasts exercises…Numerous Nigerian ladies pine for greater and firmer bosoms, that is the reason they…
Term Paper Writing Guide: 13 Rules To Follow In Crafting A Good Paper Work
Term Paper Writing Guide…Students are caught up in the web of a low score when it comes to term paper writing. It is of utmost importance that every student should be writing a research work that attracts a lecturer’s attention thereby getting a good mark in return. So how can you do that? Let’s find out below!
A Term Paper is an academic research work which is aimed at discussing in detail a given topic or analyzing a thesis for the purpose of involving a student in a research study, being part of his or her Continuous Assessment (CA-this makes up part of the 30 percent required in school to compliment and boost exams score). See More at Wikipedia.org
- Term Paper is usually or basically given to students to expand their knowledge base in their chosen field of study or discipline.
- It is an instrument that gives students the opportunity to express their own thoughts or opinion about a subject matter or a topic of concern.
- Another fact about term paper is that lecturers leverage the opportunity to learn a new thesis and also to help them engage in further research. Most lecturers give out different term paper topics for students to deliberate on, while some give one topic. This happens so that the lecturer can learn what idea the students can offer or contribute to any of his or her research work.
- It helps students to be inquisitive. For them to be inquisitive, it means they can learn more.
- Term paper makes them explore new grounds of knowledge relating to their discipline.
- It unleashes the writing potentials of a student
- It furnishes the writing skills of a student
- It improves the reading capacity of students
- Term paper writing engages a student in further or more in-depth study
- It kills laziness
- Students who find it hard to develop a reading culture does that easily when engaged in a term paper writing
- It makes a student have a pre-knowledge of or anticipate exam question setting of his/her lecturer
- It enhances the students’ research skills
- It prepares students for their final year research work (Project)
However, writing a term paper can be really tough, especially when the materials needed in writing is out of reach or is insufficient. Considering this fact, there are rules that guide this paperwork. And every student doing this “business” is bound to the rules. The breaking of even one can lead to losing an important percentage of marks. Term paper, if well written through maximizing these rules, can boost your exams score.
Furthermore, have you ever wondered why students score low term paperwork? See! Understanding these rules and applying them will give you an upper hand over other students. And this post will ultimately guide you in your project thesis. Without much ado let’s look at the 13 proven rules to follow in order to craft a beg-read-read term paper.
RULE #1: Understand The Topic: This is a very vital factor when it comes to crafting good work in your research as relates to the subject we are looking at here. The beginning of your term paper success or failure is tied to the understanding of the topic given to you or asked to develop. When you don’t get an in-depth knowledge or full scope of what the topic entails, delivering a “whack” research work is inevitable.
In having a full glimpse of what your topic means, you need to find out if it will provide in the end a narrative, descriptive, argumentative, or an expository kind of term paper.
RULE #2: Do Not Copy: This happens to be one of the most important rules guiding term paper writing. Lecturers hate copied work. Some of them can even go to the extreme of trashing your research work or score you zero. And the bad idea about this is that you can also implicate the person you copied from and blacklist his or her paperwork.
RULE #3: Have A Focal Point: You have to pinpoint on a specific or desired angle you wish to write your thesis. Create a theme that your lecturer will understand this is what you are trying to construct, thereby giving him the impression that you actually know what you are doing, and the direction of what your work reveals.
RULE #4: Hit The Nail On The Head: What I mean Here is go straight to the point of writing. I’m not saying you should not a pre-body write up, but make it brief, precise and then jump to the body of the work. The body is where the main points a being nailed. So if you spend a whole lot of time beating about the bush, your lecturer may end up not having the patience or endurance to read through your term paper to unearth the “killer points” you buried afar off in the tail-end pages of your thesis, then rushes over and score you low. So it’s advisable that you try to introduce the main points of your paperwork early enough to capture his/her attention. See how to win in a Debate Competition
RULE #5: Make It Readable: Make sure your work is appealing as to the readability of your thesis. Most lecturers prefer students to write with their hands (that’s in handwritten form) instead of typing. Let the letters appear readable.
RULE #6: Avoid Grammar Stuffing: Use simple English terms in your write up. Even if you are to bring in any big word, make it scanty or to appear at intervals rarely. If you stuff up big grammars that your lecturer will have to consult his dictionary more than a hundred times in just a few pages of your term paper, then there is a problem! Sort that out!
RULE #7: Never Write Out of Point: This another vital rule in term paper writing. Like I said before, lecturers don’t have that time to read your work word to word, because they already have other papers to mark. What they do is skimming through your thesis to identify or pinpoint where the “killer points” are located and then score you. For you to stay or stick to the main idea of your paperwork is a good practice.
RULE #8: Don’t Exaggerate or Be Over-Impressive: A lot of students spend time investing in quoting authors in their paperwork (which is a good way of boosting your score), but forget the focal point. Too much of this can reduce the value of your thesis. Try to be moderate and be yourself. The lecturer wants to read your emotions in your term paper. He wants to read your opinion well spelled out in your work, and your arguments. So stop trying to write like Professor Wale Soyinka or Susan Strange.
RULE #9: Don’t Make It Too Bulky: You should limit your paperwork to the prescribed number of pages instructed by your lecturer. No matter how inspired you can be in the course of writing, be sensitive to obey this rule. Simple disobedience of this instruction can reduce your score potentials.
RULE #10: Do More Research To Deliver The Best: This is very crucial. One of the major reasons for term paper writing is to trigger the students to do more research to gain more knowledge on the subject matter. Don’t use the same materials your coursemates used. Even if you use, avoid verbatim; that’s writing the same thing. Try to craft a different idea.
RULE #11: Arrange Your Work Properly: In the general view, nobody likes a jammed written work. You need to carefully breakpoints into paragraphs, easy navigation style with a good table of contents (if necessary or required), abstract and introduction, the body, and conclusion, then the documentation well observed when writing. And also your documentation should be properly noted without confusing the lecturer (using APA or MLA style).
RULE #12: Observe Thoroughly The Mechanics In English: Employ carefully punctuation marks like a comma, full stop, hyphen, colon, semi-colon, apostrophe, question mark, quotation mark, etc. Observe tactfully these properties of English Language. A research work or thesis that is poorly written because of the inappropriate placement of these mechanics will definitely attract a low score.
RULE #13: Spell Correctly: Spelling is an integral part of term paper writing because the paperwork is a combination of words full legion of words. So if you don’t know the correct spelling of a word, consult your dictionary or browse the internet.
Term paper writing becomes professional when these 13 rules are fully observed. These are the keys to creating or crafting a beg-to-read thesis, which will not only earn you a good mark but the lecturer’s confidence in your writing potentials and capabilities. And with this points-to-note on your fingertips, excelling in term paper writing becomes the order of the day.
- Blogging Business Startup Facts For Students: 12 Powerful Thoughts
- Local Government Areas in Nigeria By State-Know Where You Are From
- Kofi Annan’s Popularity Check: See 10 Reasons Why He Had Been So Popular Till Now
- Living On Campus Vs Living Off Campus: Which Is Best?
- Embassies in Nigeria And Where You Can Locate Them
- 30 Top Categories of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions
- Top Business Schools In The World-Best Business Schools In 2018